Saturday, December 13, 2008

Applause



Ok, So there I was, watching Rachel Ray make a shepherd's pie while I was waiting to see the doc at the GI clinic. The recipe actually sounded really good, (minus the mushrooms, which I, under no circumstances will cook with or eat). So I am sitting there, contentedly watching when suddenly RR says, "now I will spread the mashed potatoes on top of the pie in the skillet." The audience breaks into wild applause while she is pouring mashed potatoes over the pie. She gets more applause when she announced she was spreading some cheese on top. The audience could not have been more delighted if RR had announced that she was going to make it rain by throwing a bag of $50s in the air over everyone watching in studio. Strange.

I like shepherd's pie as much as the next bloke, but I have a hard time believing I would applaud like I was watching Harry Reid doing the Blagovich perp walk out of the Capital Building even if some hottie was pouring mashed potatoes over meat pie.

0 comments: