Thursday, August 28, 2008

Basic Instinct for Faith

I read a really interesting article about Joe Eszterhas, the screen writer of movies like Basic Instinct and one of my all time trashy movie favorites (at least for a while), Showgirls. It seems that although Eszterhas had been riding high, making money off depicting the dark side of humanity, he knew there was a whole in his soul. Things got so bad for him that "He plopped down on a curb and cried. Sobbed, even. And for the first time since he was a child, he prayed: 'Please God, help me.'" The author of the piece likened what happened next as similar to Paul's conversion on the road to Damascus.

However, to me, Esterhas' story reminded me of Nebuchadrezzar who ruled as king of Babylon, but lost it all and was crawling around like an animal until he suddenly decided to pray to the God Daniel had introduced him to. 34And at the end of the days I Nebuchadnezzar lifted up mine eyes unto heaven, and mine understanding returned unto me, and I blessed the most High, and I praised and honoured him that liveth for ever, whose dominion is an everlasting dominion, and his kingdom is from generation to generation.

0 comments: