Sunday, January 18, 2009

Thank you, George W Bush






Before our long national nightmare begins, with the corrupt Chicago pol who used to be a cokehead Hawaii stoner about to occupy the Oval Office, I want to take a minute to thank a man who displayed real class and leadership while president. Thank you, Mr Bush. I actually knew George W. Bush, before he was even governor of Texas, back in 1988. He used to come into the bookstore where I worked, usually to buy a paperback and some books for the girls. He was incredibly personable, and very gracious.

I have voted for him four times with enthusiasm. The first time was because I knew him and since then, because I have been impressed with his leadership. I know him to be an honorable man, and I have never once been disappointed. He has served honorably, done what he thinks is right, and showed real courage. I will never forget him striding out on the mound in the 2001 World Series in Yankee Stadium and throwing a strike right over the plate. That was amazing, and I still get choked up thinking about it.

I have friends who have been on deck at Bethesda when the President has gone through the wards, without fanfare, and they all say what a wonderful, inspirational man he is.

I catch flak from people who can't believe I am such a passionate fan of George W. Bush, but I always tell them "His critics cannot stand him because he stands for something. He believes in God, he believes in the US and the negative perception of him is based entirely on caricatures perpetrated by the enemies of the United States, namely, the mainstream media." As Christopher Hitchens says, "George Bush jokes are ones that stupid people laugh at."

God bless you Sir, and thanks again. Semper fidelis.

Gateway Pundit has a great retrospective and comparison.

0 comments: